The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are looking to add a hands-on and motivated Sr Systems Engineer to our R&D Deployment and Operations team. In this role, you will help create, maintain, and improve development and deployment operations for our many traditional and cloud-based products. You will have a high degree of ownership in implementing and optimizing development infrastructure and daily operations.
- Procure, implement, maintain and support the on-premise and cloud computing infrastructure used day-to-day by an R&D organization for the development, configuration, and packaging of commercial software
- Lead and contribute to initiatives regarding improving R&D operational and commercial product delivery processes
- Research and recommend emerging development and automation technologies that can be leveraged to improve operational resiliency/development efficiency
What You'll Need
- Degree in computer science (or similar) or engineering
- 3+ years Systems Administration or Systems Engineering experience in Microsoft server technologies
- 2+ years of coding and scripting in Python/PowerShell
- Broad knowledge of server and hosting technologies (e.g., cloud computing, operating systems, servers, virtualization)
- Familiarity with Microsoft stack including Windows Server, SQL Server, PowerShell, and Active Directory
- Familiarity with Software Build Automation (e.g., DevOps, CICD, IaC (Infrastructure as Code)) a plus
- Great attention to details and analytical skills
- A curious mindset that always questions what can be done differently and better
- Good appreciation of IT infrastructure components
- English fluency (written and verbal) required