The Robotics Infrastructure team is accelerating autonomy algorithm performance at Motional. We utilize parallel programming techniques and general purpose GPU compute (GPGPU) to dramatically speed up autonomy algorithms. We build libraries and frameworks to help our autonomy team customers take full advantage of high performance computing (HPC). We are looking for candidates with high proficiency in C++, who have experience with HPC APIs (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP), and have strong cross-team communication skills.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Accelerate autonomy algorithms using GPGPU.
- Design, implement, and improve HPC frameworks and APIs.
- Write modern C++ critical to autonomous vehicle functions.
- Work with autonomy team customers to identify areas for optimization.
- Collaborate in an agile development process with an international team.
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software.
- Modern C++ (C++17) and Python experience in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of HPC APIs such as CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, etc.
- Experience in optimizing code using GPGPU.
- Familiarity with robotics and autonomy algorithms.