Chewy is hiring a Software Engineer II, Front End/Full Stack for our Pet Health Tech team. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and directly owning the implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a fast-paced and startup environment, you will be responsible to design and build a new product providing advanced B2C and B2B capabilities using a modern Micro Frontend and Microservices using Java and AWS. You will be part of a team of 4-6 engineers with a mission to build reusable and scalable services. You are expected to be an excellent team collaborator, always raising the bar on quality and timely delivery in a highly agile environment.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build reusable, secure and performant microservices on a scalable AWS platform
- Work in an agile and fast-paced development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Platform Engineering teams
- Experience or ability to learn DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software with the least technical debt possible is a significant plus
- Continuously adopt and embrace industry best practices in terms of technology and development process
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices and form factors
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, and microservices
- Bachelors Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Ecommerce and/or Healthcare experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].