Office Tour Photos
Our team enables Twitter to ship features and experiments faster with less effort. We aim to provide simple, repeatable, uniform building blocks for product development at Twitter scale.
The Strato team provides a platform for serving data at Twitter scale, a programming language used to compose data from different sources across the company, APIs that power the Twitter application on your phone, and systems for processing streaming events.
Learn more about our team:
- Watch Jake talk about our Strato system
- Read the whitepaper about StratoQL, the language we created and maintain
- Watch Mike's talk about Strato at Scale by the Bay
- You can also read about how we power the GraphQL API at Twitter in this article
- Check out our SRE, Brian, talking about hiring great SREs at SRECon
- Or read Runhang’s paper about extending OCaml's syntax
Do you want to work with these folks? Do you want to speak at a conference about all of the awesome work you and your team do? This is your chance!
What You’ll Do:
You'll work closely with teammates to deliver cool high scale infrastructure and product features. You'll partner with your teammates and teams around the company to identify problems and build solutions that benefit all of Twitter's engineers. You'll work on large scale product platforms, and help your colleagues ship their projects faster and more easily using the tools you built.
You will work on a project that powers one of the most impactful products on earth!
Who You Are:
- You are curious and open to new ideas
- You have strong opinions but are willing to change your mind
- You love to collaborate, mentor, and learn with a great team
- You care about delivering high-quality software in a team environment
- You want to iterate quickly and safely on high scale systems
- You believe that anything that can be automated should be automated
- You like to dig into hard problems and solve them together
- No matter how senior you are, you are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn
- You are an expert in one or more general-purpose languages
- You care about your customers and want to build things that make other engineers' lives easier
- You enjoy working both collaboratively and independently
We'd like to see
- Experience with designing and building backend systems
- Proven expertise with software engineering standard methodologies for iterative development, testing, code reuse, etc
- A focus on your customers. We build infrastructure for other engineers. We're looking for someone who is willing and able to help them ship their projects.
Why Work with Us:
- Diversity - We are excited about candidates with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Diversity makes us a better team.
- Challenge - Our teams are solving some of the industry’s hardest problems with the best teammates. Come to be challenged, learn and thrive as an engineer on our team.
- Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
- Collaboration - If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. We want to go far.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From