Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Technology teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role in designing and implementing components and features of the Core platform. The Senior Software Engineer works in close collaboration with QA, DevOps, Product Owners, Professional Services, and in some cases third party software vendors.
- Contribute to the creation of a massively scalable, highly available SaaS platform.
- Design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, concurrent Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team.
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating it into the Platform.
- Participate in daily Scrum activities to closely monitor work against schedules and deliverables, providing progress updates and reporting any issues or technical difficulties.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Six to nine years of relevant experience including hands-on coding in Java and other JVM based languages.
- Must have experience with highly concurrent and multi-threaded systems.
- Minimum of three years working on mission critical, 24x7, high performance and scalable systems.
- Minimum of three years working on JEE and asynchronous messaging based technologies and distributed systems.
- Minimum of three years working on SQL, databases and other persistence technologies using Java.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Experience in writing design documentation, coding, and writing Unit and Integration tests.
- Prior experience with architecture and design of components and features that are part of large enterprise architectures.
- Experience with profiling and troubleshooting large scale, concurrent and multi-threaded JVM based languages (Java).
- Must have strong testing, debugging and problem solving skills.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Prior experience with voice technologies.
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging and complex technical problems.
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.