The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is thriving, thanks to our relentless focus on innovation and the dedication of our team of world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide.
We all have a Customer First Mindset and focus on delivering innovation and execution to ensure we deliver successful outcomes to our customers.
Aspen Tech is currently seeking a Senior Account Manager with a proven track record of sales success in the Mining industry. This individual has also operated extensively in North America and has shown success in business development operations in this region.
The individual we seek is a sales professional who is a highly motivated, a self-starter with excellent business acumen and gravitas. A thorough understanding of executing a sales campaign from business development to closure and experience of managing strategic customers is required.
- Responsible for developing and growing a pipeline of opportunities for AspenTech products within the mining vertical. Must be able to cold call and prospect to achieve pipeline goals.
- Responsible for pro-actively driving sales campaigns to new logo mining customers and to targeted strategic prospects in the Mining markets within assigned territory/country, expanding AspenTechs customer base.
- Creating awareness in the Mining industry and attending trade shows for lead generation.
- Create, maintain and build senior level customer relationships.
- Sell with value propositions to senior management and/or plant managers.
- Develop and maintain good domain knowledge and competitive intelligence of machine learning, Smart manufacturing, and IoT.
- Develop and update the sales forecast and pipeline in Salesforce on a weekly basis.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales quota.
- Liaise and work with departments within AspenTech (e.g. Finance, Operations, Legal Department) to achieve desired business results.
- Provide sales and executive management with account updates, sales forecasts, etc.
- Work as a team member on sales efforts involving global account opportunities.
- Provide sales and executive management with account updates, sales forecasts, and operational usage of SalesForce.com.
What You'll Need
- University technical degree is required. Degree in an engineering discipline would be preferred.
- 6-10 years of experience in Mining. An understanding of surface and underground mining fundamentals.
- Ability to travel over 50% of the time when travel is authorized.
- Experience in field business development and cultivating the mining market. Demonstrated field experience in with North American mining companies.
- Familiarity with predictive & prescriptive maintenance and reliability risk assessment preferred.
- Familiarity with discrete manufacturing engineering and Enterprise Asset maintenance.
- Able to handle a mix of new business activities including prospecting with long term account planning and management of a small number of key accounts.
- Experience working with partners in potentially complex sales cycles.
- Fast learner and self-starter comfortable in a new and non-structured environment.
- Self-discipline and motivation to produce results with indirect supervision.
- Proficient at establishing and cultivating "C" level consultative relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills