Office Tour Photos
Our User Research team is looking for a highly motivated, creative and passionate Sr. Researcher with strong product instincts to join our team in Boston. The research team at Chewy is focused on building the best product and service experiences for all pet parents and those that serve them; and therefore, our job to understand our users inside and out. We are a highly respected group of talented and strategic researchers and accessibility experts.
You will be responsible for implementing the research strategy at all stages of the design lifecycle, from idea generation all the way through prototype validation along with an on-going benchmarking of the experience. In this role, you are empowered to shape and evolve the process, as well as mentoring other researchers. You should be able to zoom out and look at the big picture trends to be able to shape the course of the Chewy experience and product offering and zoom in to work closely with our product and designer counterparts in an agile manner.
As an ideal candidate, you have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, and how to work collaboratively with your product and design partners. You should be well versed in all user research methods, and comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative data. You are a passionate researcher and relentless team member, with the underlying desire to understand the why, an uncanny observational and analytical skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and an annoying and adamant determination to do what is right for our customers. You can work with minimal direction, cross teams, while delivering high-quality outputs and supporting multiple projects.
What You'll Do:
- Determine the research approach to answer open questions originating from your own curiosity and researcher intuition, as well as gaps of knowledge from other Chewtopians
- Execute research using a variety of lean methods
- Turn your insights into actionable recommendations and be able to influence prioritization of next steps
- Advocate for our users and work to bridge gaps across groups, especially with our Customer Service (Voice of the Customer) team
- Develop and refine processes to help evolve and develop our group
- Mentor and advise other researchers as they work through complex research challenges
- Work on high-impact projects with high visibility
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact
- A BS or equivalent degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD etc.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Experience conducting research on mobile platforms
- Hands-on experience with: user testing, remote testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), benchmarking, international research, survey design and usage of multiple methods within a study
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.)
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research.
- Demonstrated passion for solving problems
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis
- Position may require travel
- MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology
- Retail/E-commerce research experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From