Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
We are looking to hire a highly organized and motivated Senior Project Manager to support our growing engineering teams. We need a creative problem solver with a passion for identifying process inefficiencies and finding solutions. This position will play a large role in supporting cross-team communication, requirements gathering, and driving end-to-end project execution.
Our team at ButcherBox believes in better — from the product we’re delivering to the partners we source from to the modern tech stack we’re building. We are accountable, we love to collaborate, and are heavily invested in team success!
What Success Looks Like
After 90 days, a Project Manager on our team should be familiar with our process and team structure and should be looking for deficiencies in our communication and process.
By the 6-month point, we expect that they'll be independently managing and coordinating projects, accounting for changes in scope and dependencies and adjusting our processes as required to ensure that projects meet our standards and are delivered on time.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and lead scope, roadmap, dependencies and timelines across multiple projects to ensure quality, on time delivery
- Scrum Master for up to three teams within Engineering
- Provide regular updates to organizational leadership teams and project teams on status, risks and accomplishments
- Develop risk mitigation plans to ensure stable, compliant execution, while maintaining sight of dependencies and end-state deliverables
- In collaboration with Senior Program Manager and PM team, expand on existing project management strategy and processes to improve team efficiency, communication and cohesion
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to have a deep understanding of Product goals and continuing development of our infrastructure; ensure priorities are clearly defined and incorporated into team priorities
- 4+ years’ proven experience managing projects in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience with Jira/Confluence
- Comfortable working with Engineering, Product, and multi-departmental teams
- Transparent communicator who is honest, authentic and collaborative
- Sound project management, administration, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience coaching individuals on Agile frameworks and the Scrum process
- Steadfast business value focus driven by incremental delivery
- Experience working with Software engineering teams
- Scrum Master or PMP certification is highly desirable
- Microsoft O365, Microsoft Teams and OpsGenie experience
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for wellness membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.