Our spoken language understanding analytics product group is responsible for building a platform to quickly & accurately evaluate Alexa performance metrics at scale. Our goal is to provide actionable insights to Alexa developers (1P, 3P) to improve the customer experience for Alexa end-users. We are building a service oriented architecture to make this happen and want your help with defining customer requirements, prioritizing features based on expected benefit, working with engineers to specify technical requirements, and collaborate with engineering scrum teams to actually see customer requirements through to delivery in production.
You will need to work closely with customers, understanding customer requirements and being responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps - from requirements definition, scoping, protoyping, development, QA, customer training/acceptance, and launch. We care deeply about continuous improvement and using metrics to drive key product and business decisions. In this role you will work directly with other product managers, business intelligence engineers, software engineers, and data scientists to define and prioritize product features within the broader analytics platform.
A successful candidate will have a passion for building and simplifying solutions, using data (metrics) to drive prioritization and feature decisions, and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done!
- Writing product/marketing requirements documents and ensuring clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
- Contributing to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against customer experience and time to market
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both with direct internal team and other Alexa teams
- Establishing business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success
- Measuring and analyzing existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
- Driving product launches including working with other product managers, customers, training teams, etc.
- Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Is strongly oriented towards results
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
- 5+ years industry experience: building processes, project/program management, release schedules, and translating customer needs into business and product requirements
- 3+ years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role or in a hands-on role supporting end-to-end product development
- Experience having ownership of deliverables for analytics or leading data-driven large-scale product features
- Experience defining new product features according to customer needs and iterate quickly based on test & learn experiment
- Experience using metrics to surface investment areas for feature development/fixing, prioritization, and experience communicating this data and paths forward to senior leadership
- Experience with agile methodologies
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 7+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for customers, designing and implementing advanced applications for consumers and third-party partners
- Experience with advanced applications with artificial intelligence, natural language understanding, and/or machine learning technologies
- Experience in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Must be able to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
- Successful history of shipping innovative products
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From