6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As Product Manager at 6 River Systems, you are the ultimate team player, collaborating across various departments in the organization in order to influence and support the product life cycle. You will work with a cross functional team to identify opportunities for new products & features, build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, create product requirements, and will be integrated with engineering throughout product development.
You must thrive working in a fast paced and technical environment while balancing the need to make both tactical and strategic decisions, often with incomplete information. You should be comfortable defending and communicating decisions with people from all areas of the company, including executives.
Most importantly, you must be able to translate customer problems and product strategy into actionable insights for engineering to develop solutions for and always be a champion for your products. At 6 River Systems we firmly believe when our customers win, we all win!
- Work with the existing robotics product management team to product manage current and future hardware products
- Research with internal and external stakeholders to understand 6 Rivers current products and assist in defining the future roadmap
- Create and iterate on your business plan to demonstrate that your product justifies resourcing and prioritization
- Collaborate with engineering and user experience (UX) designers to design and deliver new products by following new product introduction (NPI) processes and best practices
- Understand the competitive landscape and perform SWOT analysis
- Create detailed market requirements, user stories, customer use cases, business cases, product requirements, and go-to-market plans
- Actively manage the feature backlog with engineering and user experience teams to ensure the development organization delivers products which positively impact business results on time and to specification
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for product functionality from customers, prospects and internal teams
- Track feedback during beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements. Participate in product performance benchmarking activities
- Contribute to company-wide product strategy and roadmap definition and management
- Develop and communicate clear value messaging for the products and work with the training team create relevant product training and content for internal and external customers
- Work closely with project leads and core team to ensure product requirements and milestones are met
What youll need day one:
You love being part of a team and have a passion for distilling customer feedback into needs that inform actionable engineering work with the goal of building a valuable solution. In addition you have the follow following traits and experience:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager with at least two years with a complex hardware and software system
- Experience as a Product Manager bringing new hardware/software products to market and managing the complete product lifecycle (cradle to grave) in the past and are passionate about doing it again
- Proficient in working at the intersection of hardware, firmware and software
- Understanding of safety and compliance requirements and why they are important
- Ability to influence, present new ideas, and push back when needed
- Historically have made data informed decisions and are comfortable making a call or tradeoff when there is limited data
- Excellent active listener and excel at both verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills: youre able to balance many things in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and get it done attitude
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Passionate about seeing your product in use, tracking key metrics and iterating on the right things to add value to the product(s)
- Demonstrable experience with product development processes as well as with common customer development / voice of customer (VOC) techniques
- Proficient with Agile scrum methodology and kanban
- Experience with a warehouse or logistics environment is a plus
Position will be remote Digital by Default. Candidate must live within commuting distance to our headquarters in Waltham, MA
Position requires some travel to Shopify fulfillment & customer sites in North America and Europe. You can expect about 1-3 weeks per quarter
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products for our customers in the Retail, Manufacturing and 3PL space.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.