Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. NV1 is the first team to launch within the New Ventures program, and we are laser-focused on the consumer. We believe that growing a large consumer base can unlock tremendous value for restaurants. To that end, our mission is to digitize the entire dining experience and make it awesome.
NV1 is early in our product journey - much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
You are an experienced Product Designer with a strong bias for action and obsessed with the user experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later. You care about what makes users happy and love seeing people use your product in the wild. And last, but not least, you understand that what makes a team successful is its people, and want to foster an environment where we can all perform at our best.
Are you bready* for a change?
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to lead the consumer mobile development efforts at New Ventures. As a member of the consumer team, you will work closely with the leads to understand what diners want, empathize with their pain points, rapidly prototype solutions, and make critical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our products.
About this roll* (responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive mobile platforms, delivering easy-to-follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with the team to understand consumers, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Essential skills)
- Care deeply about making users happy and love seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Experience with designing for multiple mobile platforms: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- Expertise in experience and journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction when appropriate and moments of delight across the journey
- Experience in strategizing and executing your own UX research
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required