Droplette is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced mechanical design engineer to join our team driving products through their lifecycle including concept generation, prototyping, component and assembly development, testing, and associated documentation.
The ideal candidate is a design engineer with start-up experience and experience turning concept ideas into manufacturable and marketable products. International experience is a plus.
- Energetic and assertive team player who can expertly manage multiple projects and thrive during rapid development cycles.
- Self-sufficient in handling multiple sub-assembly designs simultaneously, requiring a very low level of guidance.
- Possess the expertise and determination to ensure the project stays on target with respect to product design, quality, schedule and cost goals from concept to delivery.
- Big plus if you have experience in the medical device industry developing innovative designs and working with suppliers to ensure high quality execution of prototype and production parts.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What Youll Do:
- Perform design and development of mechanical components for a consumer hardware device .
- Participate in product architecture and manufacturing strategy brainstorms.
- Execute CAD modeling and design of plastic components and assemblies.
- Develop tolerance stack analysis, production prints, component specifications, inspection and acceptance criteria, and production documentation as needed.
- Procure prototypes and services as needed to support product development.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing fixtures and electro-mechanical assembly processes
- Manage contractors and vendors who support with design analysis, metrology and related deliverables.
- Contribute to risk analysis, including dFMEA.
- Support Design Verification as needed, by writing test protocols, reports, and performing verification testing and failure analysis.
- Participate in design reviews.
Production & Supply Chain
- Communicate specifications and requirements with plastics manufacturers.
- Manage vendors for robust validation of tools and processes.
- Contribute to the production risk analysis.
What We Seek:
- 6+ years of experience working in product development and engineering for a consumer product, with a proven track record of moving products from concept to production.
- Bachelors degree or higher in mechanical engineering and/or related field.
- Experience with high-volume consumer electronic products.
- Experience with components produced via plastic injection molding and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Demonstrated experience developing sculptural forms and top-down assembly models in SolidWorks.
More about Droplette
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of Talent. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.