Product Analytics is a new team focused on understanding and optimizing user interactions with our Operational Engineering tools and technologies. Product Analytics is responsible for integrating analytics into the DNA of these growing tech teams, unlocking the insights that will guide the business in our quest for cost efficient, perfect orders, at scale. We bring a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management. Moreover, were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Within the broader Operational Engineering org, the Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN) is our global proprietary network that strives to delight our customers by delivering and safely handling not just small items, but big, bulky, damage prone products. The WDN is a game-changer in this space, handling the high value, high complexity deliveries that others cant, and is currently at a critical inflection point where we are establishing the data infrastructure and technologies that will support the next phase of explosive growth. As a Senior Manager in the WDN Product Analytics team, your goal is to unlock insights that enable our tech team and cross functional partners to deliver a world-class experience to our customers and field associates so that everyone can live in a home they love.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute an analytics plan that informs the broader WDN roadmap
- Conduct advanced analyses of user and product behavior (ad hoc investigations, experimentation, modelling, etc) that drive network reliability and delivery experience
- Establish and maintain tracking of key metrics for the WDN, identifying trends/changes and driving improvement
- Collaborate with engineering, data solutions, and other tech teams to define and develop the data architecture roadmap for future state systems
- Be a thought partner for product and ops leads, communicating key insights and recommendations while incorporating analytics into decision making processes
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of analysts, including coaching, onboarding, and training
What You'll Need
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions that drive business decision making
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Data Studio) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos). Experience in working with large and complex SQL databases, experience with GBQ is a plus.
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline, Masters preferred, or 7+ years experience leading an analytics team
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.