iRobot is looking to bring on board a Senior Manager, NPI Sourcing to work closely with engineering and provide cross-commodity sourcing/supply management leadership to the New Product Introduction and advanced development teams. The selected candidate will report to the Principal Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing. You will serve as the Central Sourcing interface with advanced engineering and NPI teams to ensure integration and execution of best-in-class supplier engagement processes to deliver on time-to-market, cost, supply continuity, and innovation goals while mitigating risk.
This position will work closely with engineering and will act as the focal point for Sourcing to communicate the preferred supplier capabilities to the design teams and program managers throughout the NPI process. This position will work closely with the commodity managers to align activities to the commodity specific strategic objectives. This individual will implement a Supply Chain Management strategy to drive commercial leverage, achieve lowest total cost, ensure effective asset management, continuously improve quality, delivery, and cycle time performance, and ensure supplier involvement in the product development cycle.
This is an exciting, dynamic role in which you will work closely with the engineering, product, and supply chain teams to influence iRobots technology roadmap.
Sourcing experience and technical understanding desired in the following commodities: Semiconductors, Sensors, Power Management, Cameras, Motors, and Plastic Injection Molding. Strong business acumen is a must as you will be entrusted to choose the right supplier for iRobot, choose the right type of engagement with the supplier, and put in place contracts that will protect iRobots interests.
- Provide Sourcing/Supply Chain Management leadership for launch of new products and technologies
- Ensure regular and consistent program communications with Sourcing and Supply Chain personnel so they are informed and able to effectively support the deliverables of the program
- Work with the NPI community to establish technology roadmaps which identify future needs, and drive technology scouting and supplier technology sharing forums to proactively meet those future needs
- Ensure process excellence and continuous improvement through the development of standard work and documented processes for how we select, engage, and manage suppliers through the NPI lifecycle
- Ability to manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFxs, and contract negotiation with minimal direction
- Lead the development, modification, and negotiation of various types of agreements for the purchase of goods and services. Ensure agreements have supplier accountability including performance metrics, SLAs, and warranties with clearly defined penalties for non-performance
- Work with the Global Commodity management and strategic supply chain management teams on sourcing strategies including supplier selection, cost reductions, risk analysis, and capacity management
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 7+ years of experience in supplier management, strategic sourcing, or product development in a manufacturing organization.
- Preferred to have: Industry or supplier management experience in Semiconductors, Sensors, Power Management, Cameras, Motors and/or Plastic Injection Molding
- Strong business and technical product vision and a track record of leading teams delivering products on time with leading edge technology
- Ability to lead and influence development teams and external suppliers to deliver results
- Demonstrated results of process improvement in the product lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong program management and presentation skills
- Strong business and legal acumen seasoned professional, capable of performing with minimal supervision
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business. Masters Degree preferred
- Experience in consumer electronics preferred
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically when required
In Return You Can Expect:
We are a fast growth high technology company. We need access to a strong supply base that supports iRobot from a technology perspective, as well as, from a cost competitiveness and quality perspective. Ensuring we have a voice in new product development and can influence architecture and component decisions is very important. The job is an exciting role as you will be at the forefront of innovation, working closely with engineering and supporting a group of very talented commodity managers who are spread out globally. Very recognized and growing organization inside of iRobot.