Office Tour Photos
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. By using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers, it gives us a competitive advantage in the global home goods market!
Employee Tech at Wayfair is responsible for providing technology services and support for all Wayfairians globally. Our goal is to enable employee productivity through collaboration and innovation. We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our engineering efforts specifically for our network and voice systems for both our Boston headquarters and across the globe.
What You'll Do
- Lead and drive the overall strategy of multiple functional areas around Network and Voice Engineering efforts as we continue to evolve and build the next generation of network solutions.
- Report to the Head of Employee Tech and act as a key member of our global Employee Tech leadership team.
- Architect new and existing solutions, and provide technical leadership to effectively build them out on a massive scale.
- Lead a team of 10+ individuals at various levels to manage performance and team efficiency.
- Work with third party vendors to evaluate existing contracts, adopt new technologies, and drive contract efficiency.
- Engage internal stakeholders within Wayfair to understand current/future support needs, and allocate resources appropriately to solve complex technical issues.
- Act as a champion and liaison between business users and Employee Tech to ensure operational excellence.
- Work with other Employee Tech teams to communicate new initiatives and collect feedback on user experience
- Use data to measure the success of the operation and drive decision making
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of Network and Voice Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience managing technical teams
- Experience deploying and supporting hybrid on-prem/cloud environments
- Ability to provide hands-on technical and operational guidance to senior engineers
- In-depth understanding of Cisco or Aruba network and voice technology stack, or comparable tech.
- Knowledge of Cisco R&S and UC technologies (UCCE, CUCM, CUBE)
- Strong understanding of OSPF, IPSec, VLANs, BGP, IP routing, Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, network management
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships at every level and manage those relationships
- Strong communication and influencing skills where you can explain ideas from different perspectives to technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of managing competing priorities and making the right trade off based on business impacts
- Bachelors in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Networking, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Public cloud engineering experience with either Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure environments
- CCNP or CCIE certification
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From