About the Role
Validity is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Manager of Growth Marketing to support our next wave of growth as the most trusted name in customer data quality by owning non-paid, inbound growth marketing initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Director of Demand Generation and working closely with cross-functional leaders, the successful candidate will possess a passion for experimentation, problem-solving, measurability, data, and customer-centricity.
The Senior Manager of Growth Marketing will harness Validitys owned media and channels (website, webstore, live chat, blog, resource center, landing pages, social media, etc.) to take our demand generation function to the next level. With a primary focus on executing and optimizing our inbound growth marketing strategy, the Senior Manager of Growth Marketing will run regular experiments and tests across owned channels that optimize our demand capture rates, ensuring that we effectively harvest demand into pipeline and revenue. Additionally, you will have the freedom to pursue innovative new ways that get results more efficiently and effectively. The result? Growth campaigns that outperform and drive measurable expansion of our new business pipeline that accelerates revenue growth.
The candidate has deep experience with product-led growth, inbound marketing, SEO, A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, conversational marketing, referrals, and working with technical teams to improve marketing outcomes. They are equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves themselves to tackle challenges, as well as managing other marketers to accomplish goals.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a best-in-class, owned-media (non-paid) growth marketing strategy that promotes a decisively defined value proposition in a customer-centric manner across all owned marketing channels.
- Manage programs and campaigns that support our demand generation goals (customer inquiries, sales opportunities, and eCommerce transactions) and translate directly into revenue growth.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders in Sales, Product, Product Marketing, Marketing Operations, Creative, and Analytics to build customer expertise while ensuring that growth marketing is always rowing in the same direction.
- Build out tests on owned channels including (but not limited to) live chat, trial and webstore flows, website forms, and referrals to prove out hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations based on clearly communicated data and learnings.
- Create a holistic view of the buyer funnel to test/learn/optimize all Marketing messages and materials on owned channels to ensure a data-based understanding of the best ways to market and sell to each buyer persona.
- Partner with our product & development, content, and creative teams to align SEO efforts and ensure our web properties are optimized for demand capture and leverage the best technologies to achieve it.
- Build out a personalized website experience for our site visitors that earns the trust of our customers and demonstrates that we understand their challenges and can provide them with solutions.
- Apply an Account-Based Revenue framework to growth marketing programs to maximize logo acquisition potential.
- Identify appropriate KPIs to track and measure the effectiveness of growth marketing programs (ie. MQLs, Opportunities, Revenue Booked, Average Deal Size). Apply robust analysis to derive insights and meaning from the metrics. Drive progress on those metrics by implementing and optimizing resources, processes, and technology.
- Write content briefs to define growth program objectives and critical metrics, optimizing campaigns to maximize pipeline return.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire marketing professionals to achieve key business goals and career development goals.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 8+ years of marketing experience owning and managing product-led growth programs that resulted in significant revenue growth at SaaS companies (multi-product brands a big plus).
- Analytical and data-driven marketer who can balance the left and right parts of their brain to apply both creativity and objectivity to their marketing initiatives (you know how to make a key part of the inbound buyers journey shine brighter as much as you know your way around an Excel pivot table).
- Technical acumen of the marketing systems, attribution models, and processes, with advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Optimize (or Optimizely or similar testing platforms) and basic knowledge of conversational marketing platforms, Salesforce CRM, and Marketo.
- Ability to think about and test ways to generate and capture demand without a media budget such as referrals and Social Selling.
- Expertise in marketing experiment design and implementation with a scientific eye for identifying key drivers of results, actionable insights for optimization.
- A team player who has a proven record of being a tide that lifts all boats.
- Highly creative with the ability to innovate new ways to generate interest and excitement among targeted audiences.
- People management experience that includes a proven ability to help nurture and develop junior marketers.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to take complex concepts and translate them into something universally understandable.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
Experience in an Account-Based revenue environment is a plus.
Working within a global organization is a plus.