Office Tour Photos
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generate over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
As the leader in Mid Funnel Analytics, your goal is to unlock insights and guide the business everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfairs web data. This is a highly visible and strategic position that is responsible for directly leading a team of analysts to understand how we can remove friction within the mid funnel journey, leverage predictive analytics to drive our search capabilities and create experiences that make our ever expanding product catalog more discoverable.
This is an ideal opportunity for an analytics leader seeking to simultaneously make an impact to the customer experience and bottom line by delivering thought leadership and partnering with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership skills to develop and grow a high-performing team as well as strong critical thinking to provide clarity in a highly nuanced space. The Senior Analytics Manager would work cross-functionally with leaders across all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science.
What You'll Do
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda across the Mid Funnel to unlock insights and guide the business everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science on your focus area.
- Lead a team of analysts that are responsible for executing the strategic testing and web analytics and insights agenda.
- Collaborate with leaders across the Core Funnel to establish cohesive views of performance and a unified customer roadmap with scalable tools and processes.
- Identify and execute against a strategic analytics roadmap that drives insights into customer behavior and produces strong business value.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on our websites to identify potential issues, determine root causes and resolve.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Provide leadership to corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and be a thought partner with the cross functional leadership team.
- Hire, manage and mentor future leaders. Ensuring the team is being challenged, coached, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
What You'll Need
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage, guide and grow analytic leaders.
- Past experience with SQL or structured computer programming language.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- Experience with Tableau, Python, R, SAS or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos) a plus.
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making.
- Experience in working with large and complex SQL databases.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From