The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is looking for a Sr Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing Asset Performance Management team, building the next generation AI products for IoT and asset optimization.
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Aspen Tech APM products by hands-on ML development
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning data science, product management engineering, and customer facing teams to build new product features that advance our mission of offering Self Optimization Plant solutions.
- Prototype new approaches and productionize solutions at scale involving hundreds of millions of data points.
- Promote and role-model best practices of ML systems development, testing, evaluation, etc., both inside the team as well as throughout the organization
- Be part of an active group of machine learning practitioners in Boston APM Team (and across Aspen Technology ) collaborating with one another
What You'll Need
- A strong background in machine learning, enjoy applying theory to develop real-world applications, with experience and expertise in time-series, prediction and deep learning machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Python, Scala or similar languages. Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Pandas etc is a strong plus
- Understanding of ML-Ops is Plus
- Interest in agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical major with 5-7 years of experience developing commercial software.
- Linux knowledge, development of microservices, Cloud deployment is a plus.
- Practical experience with data science algorithms and distributed computing. Knowledge of deep learning is a huge plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner using effective visualizations.
- English fluency (written and verbal) required.