Office Tour Photos
At Twitter, we are working together on building and operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rare and rewarding challenge. We are a tightly-knit and supportive group that loves doing great work together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. We have openings across Twitter in Core API, Mobile, Client, ML, Health, Product Infrastructure and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead an engineering team, driving its technical strategy and roadmap – crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Together with your team collaborate with many engineering teams and product management to develop best-in-class solutions.
- Coach and mentor your team and support their professional growth and development
At Twitter, you can have a truly global impact.
Who You Are:
- have led projects with a complicated stakeholder space and can build organizational alignment
- have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate desired outcomes
- have a track record of delivering new products and iteratively improving them over time
- have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and help drive incident resolution
- are a great source of engineering talent and have proven ability to hire and retain
- have experience in performance management, career development, etc
- are a strong advocate of software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery, and reducing technical debt
- Previously managed a team of 8 or more engineers (could lead up to 12)
- Minimum of 5+ years in software engineering management (could be less - 3-4 years) if you have several years of experience moving up as an IC into leadership roles or had significant leadership responsibilities.)
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Have worked as a software developer
- Forward thinker
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From