Droplette is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will join our growing R&D team and be tasked with designing and building prototype electronics to facilitate the development of the next generation of Droplette technology. The successful candidate will have experience in analog and digital embedded design, power electronics, including both hardware (schematic capture and PCB layout) and firmware (C/C++), preferably in consumer products or similar.
Youll work in a fast paced environment, iterating quickly on hardware designs. Youll interface closely with other engineers both internal and external to the R&D team to get feedback on the performance of prototype hardware so the designs can be improved upon, as well as make your own performance assessments and evaluations. Ultimately, your efforts will accelerate the deployment of new technology in the market.
- Strong hacker/DIY mindset, communication skills and action-oriented
- Ability to assess challenges and design solutions across domains including electrical, firmware/software, and more.
- Energetic and assertive team player who can expertly manage multiple projects and thrive during rapid development cycles.
- Self-sufficient in handling multiple sub-assembly designs simultaneously, requiring a very low level of guidance.
- Solid analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze test results, data, synthesize conclusions and communicate up and across with clarity and critical writing skills.
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What Youll Do:
- Design, troubleshoot, and develop digital and analog PCBs.
- Develop and maintain embedded firmware in C/C++ for product electronics.
- Interface with testing and validation team to support test fixture hardware and software development.
- Perform part selection with sourcing in mind as well as cost-down activities for product electronics.
- Lead research and development of future product technologies as it pertains to the electrical or firmware side of the product.
- Be the electrical/firmware subject matter expert at Droplette.
What We Seek:
- BS or greater in CS, CE, EE or equivalent
- Low-power, analog, and digital circuit design.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium preferred).
- Development and maintenance of reliable, scalable embedded firmware on resource constrained devices (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience writing and maintaining development, test, and validation tools using a scripting language (such as Python).
- Familiarity with standard peripheral communication protocols (I2C, SPI, etc).
- Bluetooth-enabled hardware and firmware development (nRF5X preferred).
- Experience with wireless technologies (such as NFC)
- Design for manufacture/large scale production.
- Experience managing others on various aspects of complex projects.
- Experience working with power electronics
More about Droplette
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of People Operations. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.