TripAdvisor is the largest global travel web site, one of the largest, most successful advertisers in travel, with large, fast growing programs in retargeting (display and Facebook), prospecting, affiliate marketing, and a number of travel-specific advertising programs.
Our mission is to help travelers plan the perfect trip, helping them find their best hotel at the best price. We see travelers at all stages of the travel funnel, covering a wide swath of prospective hotel bookers, and we are focusing our efforts on educating those travelers about TripAdvisor’s combination of unique content (reviews and photos) together with price comparison tools that help them get the best deal.
Our programs are currently focused on travelers low in the funnel, as they approach the point of booking their trip, but we are expanding that focus over time to include mid-funnel users who may have started the planning process but are not yet ready to book.
We use programmatic, data-centric approaches in all of these channels, with a heavy emphasis on iterative testing and experimentation. Our programs serve travelers in over 40 countries; everything we do is implemented on a global scale.
As we grow our business, we are looking for tech-savvy business leadership, to help us scale out our existing traffic sources and explore new ones.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Business ownership of a portfolio of online marketing channels, including display (both prospecting and retargeting), Facebook, affiliate, online video, and several travel-specific programs.
- Identify, pilot and grow new channels over time.
- Manage traffic quality to ensure that we are reaching users who are actively planning their trips and approaching readiness to book.
- Work to understand and take advantage of regional and local opportunities in individual global markets.
- Manage partner relationships (Google, Criteo, Facebook, etc.), working with those partners to gain competitive advantage by influencing their product roadmaps, and taking first mover advantage of new product features as they are built.
- Lead a team of channel managers responsible for each individual channel
- P&L responsibility with accountability and goal-oriented success criteria
- Interact with and advise senior executive team leadership at TripAdvisor, helping to define market investment strategy and tactics
- Manage day-to-day buying, working with our TV measurement team to understand and optimize campaign performance
- 5+ years managing retargeting and prospecting programs for large, performance-oriented online businesses, either directly or in a mix of direct, agency and/or other third party roles (e.g. in the role of a bid management vendor)
- 7+ years of experience in business ownership roles, with both P&L and team management responsibility. A strong interest in and affinity for managing people is critical to success in the role.
- Experience managing a team of channel managers with a record of success achieving clear, performance-based goals
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising and ad tech space, and a robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus)
- Experience working closely with strong engineering, data science and product teams, helping to define and implement a technical product roadmap
- 3-5 years managing multiple global advertising markets at scale (tens of millions of dollars of spend per year or more)
- Experience and familiarity with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines
- Experience working in a collaborative, open workplace culture with an emphasis on transparency
- Clear communicator and a good listener, comfortable advising and collaborating with senior management teams
- Experience in online travel a plus, but not essential
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.