TripAdvisor is the largest global travel web site, one of the largest advertisers in search (top 15), and one of the top 3 advertisers in travel, with a spend of hundreds of millions of dollars per year across 40+ markets.
Our mission is to help travelers plan the perfect trip, helping them find their best hotel at the best price. We see travelers at all stages of the travel funnel, covering a wide swath of prospective hotel bookers, and we are focusing our efforts on educating those travelers about TripAdvisor’s combination of unique content (reviews and photos) together with price comparison tools that help them get the best deal.
Our programs are currently focused on travelers low in the funnel, as they approach the point of booking their trip, but we are expanding that focus over time to include mid-funnel users who may have started the planning process but are not yet ready to book.
We use programmatic, data-centric approaches in all of our online marketing channels, with a heavy emphasis on iterative testing and experimentation. Our programs serve travelers in over 40 countries; everything we do is implemented on a global scale.
As we grow our business, we are looking for tech-savvy business leadership, to help us continue to grow a principal source of traffic and revenue for TripAdvisor.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a large global search engine marketing business, working in partnership with a strong, high performing technology and product team
- Identify and execute on market-specific opportunities in all areas of the business, including creative, keyword coverage, targeting and landing pages
- Define effective process for managing 40+ global markets, optimizing performance, and
- Track regional competitive opportunities, balancing resources and product/technology capacity to address them
- Build a team of quantitatively oriented market analysts, responding quickly to business and economic changes in each market
- Work directly with Google, Bing and regional search engines to help guide their product roadmaps and leverage their support for competitive advantage
- Shared P&L responsibility with accountability and goal-oriented success criteria
- Interact with and advise senior executive team leadership at TripAdvisor, helping to define market investment strategy and tactics.
- 5+ years managing SEM programs for large, performance-oriented online businesses, either directly or in a mix of direct, agency and/or other third party roles (e.g. in the role of a bid management vendor)
- 7+ years of experience in business ownership roles, with both P&L and team management responsibility. A strong interest in and affinity for managing people is critical to success in the role.
- Experience managing a team of market analysts with a record of success achieving clear, performance-based goals
- Deep SEM domain knowledge and understanding of SEM best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus)
- Experience working closely with strong engineering, data science and product teams, helping to define and implement a technical product roadmap
- 3-5 years managing multiple global SEM programs at scale (tens to hundreds of millions of dollars of spend per year)
- Experience and familiarity with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines
- Experience working in a collaborative, open workplace culture with an emphasis on transparency
- Clear communicator and a good listener, comfortable advising and collaborating with senior management teams
- Experience in online travel a plus, but not essential
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.*LI-LM1