The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Do you want to be part of a team that provides industry leading technologies that are digitally transforming industry operations? AspenTech creates software innovations that tackle the most complex process manufacturing challenges, creating significant value and improving the profitability and sustainability of operations for our customers.
We are seeking a high energy professional to work in an industry marketing position focused on market development initiatives to bring AspenTechs solutions, including next-gen technology, to the pharmaceutical industry.
The Sr. Director, Marketing - Pharma is a high impact global position that has go-to-market responsibility as well as market enablement responsibility for growing new markets. In this role, you will lead pharmaceutically focused product marketing professionals and work cross-functionally across a network of marketing professionals to develop strategies, messaging and tactics that deliver business growth.
- Accountable to the General Manager for all marketing activities relating to the pharmaceutical business.
- Lead business unit product marketing professionals and collaborate across corporate and product marketing teams.
- Drive new market development and execution of strategy and tactics in new market segments
- Develop clear and compelling product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in new markets
- Develop and deliver sales enablement training and supporting materials (presentations and demonstrations) to Sales focused on how next-gen technologies accelerate value delivered through AspenTechs solutions
- Enable successful marketing campaigns with compelling content (marketing collateral, whitepapers, web, video and social content) for new markets
- Develop and deliver content at industry conferences and customer-facing marketing events
- Identify best practices through research and case studies from customers
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Product Management leads to ensure solution area messaging is representative of relevant industry dynamics
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline required, MBA a plus.
- 15+ years' experience of demonstrated success in marketing, preferably to pharma manufacturing companies
- Successful history in product and technology marketing, including experience with worldwide marketing campaigns, pharma alignment preferred.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, detail-oriented, charismatic, personable.
- Excellent presentation, communication, collaboration and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 15% (including internationally).
- Preferred - An understanding of new technologies, including: SaaS, AI, ML, Cloud