At TripAdvisor, protecting the integrity of our user generated content is paramount to our Content Operations department. We are a large, dynamic team responsible for publishing 270 contributions to the site per minute, and adding to and updating the 7MM properties listed. We are seeking a Sr. Director, Content Operations to lead our global team.
This multifaceted role requires operational expertise to ensure that the moderation of our content and property data occurs in a timely fashion and in accordance with TripAdvisor’s guidelines. It also requires diplomacy and critical thinking to shape content related policies to meet the demands of our diverse community. Along with the team, this role is responsible for identifying improvements in user experience with our content and driving product solutions.
This is a highly visible role within the organization. The successful candidate will have demonstrable success in leading strategic operational initiatives, managing a global content organization, improving operational efficiency, and working cross-functionally. Experience in fraud detection and prevention preferred.
- Develop strategic initiatives to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop the project, process & product pipeline from a content operations perspective
- Perform analysis to inform decisions, identify trends, and track progress
- Act in an subject matter expert capacity both internally and externally
- Oversee 7 teams in 5 global offices
- Manage the performance and effectiveness of a large dept. of approx. ~300
- Instill a sense of continuous improvement throughout the team
- Ensure consistent policy administration and alignment across the entire organization
- Manage budget and ensure appropriate staffing to process all content quickly
- Keep informed of new developments and broader trends in the online content space
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, in content operations, fraud prevention, or in a related field
- 5 years’ experience as a people manager of successful teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to communicate highly complex and multi-faceted concepts and ideas in a clear and concise way, both in written and verbal formats
- Excellent business acumen: the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with team members, internal and external customers, and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, develop and manage staff while maintaining a positive work environment
- Developed and demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, coupled with a self-motivated personality and an ability to exceed expectations in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Proficiency in fraud detection tools preferred
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French, Italian and/or Spanish helpful