The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a Sr. Data Scientist you will create innovative solutions for understanding data patterns and relationships in structured and unstructured data regarding chemical process applications. These solutions are applied both to design and simulate chemical processes, as well as to optimize operations. We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individuals who have a passion for playing with data, in all its forms, including data mining, statistics, mathematical modeling and optimization, and machine learning, as well as text analytics and conversational artificial intelligence. You will leverage your skills and passion for Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Aritificial Intelligence to drive AspenTechs Asset Optimization strategy by developing groundbreaking cognitive software solutions that enhance AspenTechs market leading products in the areas of modeling and analytics of process manufacturing.
- Design and develop new machine learning, as well as conversational AI applications, deployed to the chemicals and refining industries
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, designers and developers to understand customer needs and translate them into product requirements and specifications
- Investigate new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our software applications
- Contribute to Aspen Technologys intellectual property footprint in the space of AI
What You'll Need
- MSc in Science or Engineering with a string quantitative focus, such as Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Chemometrics, Econometrics, AI, or a related quantitative field; PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience data analysis and software development/programming
- Experience with and exposure to text analytics, natural language processing and conversational AI are a big plus
- Experience with knowledge graphs, ontologies and/or graph data bases is a big plus
- Strong track record of experience in Python programming, including data science specific packages, such as Pandas, Numpy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn etc. In-depth experience with NLP packages such as NLTK is a bonus and so are knowledge in C++, C# or Julia.
- A track record of academic publications related to data science, AI and/or natural language processing is preferred. So are a public GitHub stack and contributions to open source packages.
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with chemical engineering or related fields is a big plus
- Problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner