We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
Ampion’s software is a critical differentiator for the company and what allows us to scale efficiently. We deal with lots of different data – from website, ad, search and social data to utility usage and billing and crediting data, to community distributed generation meter data. The Data Engineer will assist Ampion in building our team and technology to make this data into meaningful, actionable insights.
This Data Engineer is a senior position whose responsibilities include line-managing our Data Scientists and Data Wranglers. This is a great opportunity for a senior Data Engineer to move into a management and leadership role and directly contribute to the differentiation of the Ampion product.
We use agile development practices with multi-disciplinary teams that are typically focussed on delighting certain user persona’s. The Data Science team will work with each of the “experience” teams to build comprehensive data-based views of each persona and their journeys (key business processes), by being a consumer of data from these teams, and other sources, and being a provider of insights and data to these teams and their platforms. Our expectation is that the data structures and insights produced by the Data Science team will be embedded into our core product offering and used as one of our major differentiators.
In addition, the Data Science team will also deliver insights to Ampion internal teams and most importantly provide a platform and tools on which functional owners can derive some of their own insights.
The Data Engineer will lead the Data Science team as a coach-player, providing direction, leadership, management and roadblock-busting service so that the team can run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
The Data Engineer will work with the senior technical team and architecture council to determine best short-term and long-term solutions to pressing Product data needs. The Data Engineer will provide feedback to the Product team on general approach and dependencies for roadmap and company plans.
- Identify, design, architect, and implement scalable data engineering platforms with self-service solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance around solution design and best practices
- Experience building and shipping highly scalable and distributed systems on cloud platforms such as GCP(preferred) or AWS.
- Mentor junior engineers and expose the team to new opportunities.
- Keep current with modern data engineering ecosystem technologies.
What you bring to the team:
- 7+ years experience in DBMS, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL
- Experience in data warehousing technologies such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, ETL/ELT tools, and Information Management design.
- 2+ years experience with data engineering tools such as pyspark, google airflow. Google dataproc, google cloud storage experience a plus.
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python, Golang
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.