The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
This position is designed for a business lawyer who understands our business and wants to make an impact by helping structure and document transactions with the leading industrial companies of the world. You will be part of the in-house legal staff at our Bedford, MA headquarters in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are changing the world.
- Drive changes to improve our effectiveness by leveraging technology, streamlining processes and focusing resources on high-value activities.
- Support the growth and velocity of the companys revenue stream from commercial software licenses and related professional services engagements, with a primary focus on customers in North and Latin America.
- Enable the success of Sales and other internal groups by providing timely, sound advice that they can effectively action.
- Support our customers success by creatively designing and negotiating clear contractual solutions that meet customer requirements while also contributing to the key business measures we utilize to track and assess the performance of our business.
- Execute projects in other practice areas as needed.
What You'll Need
- Business acumen and desire to have an impact on the company
- Experience drafting, analyzing and negotiating complex contracts, preferably software license agreements
- 5+ years experience in sophisticated legal environment(s); Software technology company experience preferred
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Current registration in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial thought and action. Have an ownership orientation, as opposed to acting as a passive consultant or external advisor. Be directly involved in issues and on top of the details. Be the accountable subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and creativity. Be engaged in the business, be ready to solve problems and seize opportunities when and where they present, drive change and challenge complacency.
- Focus on hands-on practical outcomes. Be flexible and spend time on whats important.
- Work effectively in ambiguous situations, through shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Be highly organized. See the big picture while maintaining attention to detail.
- Establish effective relationships and earn trust and respect. Demonstrate confidence and competence to internal and external constituents.
- Operate with energy and intensity and respond comfortably to the same in others.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and written and oral communications skills.