iRobot is in search of a Sourcing Manager based in Bedford, MA, USA. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for leveraging company-wide opportunities and negotiating strategic procurement initiatives. This position will lead and develop category strategies with long-term goals and visions. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Engineering, Advanced Development and Business Unit groups are able to design and build products using components from reliable suppliers that meet iRobots volume, cost and quality requirements.
This position will manage a portfolio of commodities (in this case, resins and batteries, etc) to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit from supply chain improvements and strategic initiatives. This position will work closely with engineering to locate and develop new sources of supply to support new product introduction and negotiate necessary contracts to establish the business relationship. You will create and implements Supply Chain Management strategy to drive commercial leverage, achieve lowest total costs, ensure effective asset management, continuously improve quality, delivery, cycle time and ensure supplier involvement in product development.
This is an exciting, dynamic role in which you will work across all the departments in iRobot and be looked to as an expert to identify and develop new suppliers and establish strategic relationships for a wide variety of needs, both technical and commercial.
An ideal candidate will have a technical degree, such as engineering, and solid experience in supplier identification, validation and negotiation. Sourcing experience and technical understanding desired in the following commodities: Resin, Battery, Semiconductors, etc.
Strong business acumen is a must as you will choose the right supplier for iRobot and put in place contracts that will protect iRobots interests. Ideal candidate will possess the ability to think strategically and operate independently and be a strong negotiator.
What You Will Do (included but not limited):
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers. Maintain and grow relationships with iRobots critical supply base.
- Create the commodity strategy and lead the implementation of the commodity strategy with the cross-functional teams including Engineering, Supply Chain, Advanced Sourcing etc.
- Ensure the supply base have sufficient capability in terms of planning, capacity, pipeline program etc to fulfill iRobot short-long term demand.
- Identify and leverage opportunities and directly negotiate with suppliers to achieve the most competitive solution across category and/or product line.
- Act as principle new component/subassembly supply and procurement support to Advanced Development and Engineering for all new product development
- Work closely with engineering and Advanced Development teams to identify and qualify components from existing and new suppliers.
- Prepare, distribute and analyze responses to Request for Information, Proposal, Quote (RFI, RFP, RFQ), and Statements of Work (SOW), and service agreements.
- Constantly seek and identify opportunities for value creation (Cost Savings, Cost Avoidance, Cash Flow Improvement, Revenue Enhancement) and risk mitigation.
- Conduct market research, evaluate and select the new and current technologies.
- Ability to manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFxs, and contracts with minimal direction.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts and business agreements with suppliers.
To Be Successful You Will have:
- 15+ years experiences and measurable accomplishments in a strategic procurement or sourcing role to include contract negotiations, cost reductions, supplier selection, and supplier management.
- Extensive commodity management experience with a large international company is preferred.
- Extensive international procurement experience preferred in areas of domestic and international sourcing.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produces clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Possesses vision of entire business needs and have commitment to meet short-term requirements while working to long-term objectives.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem solving aptitude.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, business, finance, operations or related field with 10-12 years of purchasing and procurement experience. Legal training is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically about 25% of the time.
In Return You Can Expect:
- We are a fast growth high technology company. We need access to a strong supply base that supports iRobot both from a technology perspective but also from a cost competitiveness and quality perspective.
- The job is an exciting role as you will be at the forefront of innovation, working in dynamic environments with suppliers and internal engineering and supply chain team who are spread out globally. Very recognized and growing organization inside of iRobot.