Office Tour Photos
The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for the tools, monitoring, and application changes required to keep Buildiums application hosting environments healthy. We are looking for someone with skills in both Engineering and Operations, and who doesnt shy away from a collaborative work environment.
This position will require a big picture view of application hosting, from server performance metrics to real-user monitoring; as well as, a deep knowledge of tools, processes, and code that monitors application health. Experience working in an organization with a devops mindset is a plus.
What you'll do:
- Ensure all cloud environments meet best-practice standards for security, scalability and functionality
- Monitoring production health and working in collaboration with development to resolve infrastructure and product issues.
- Manage and maintain an automation framework centered around rapid, scalable, and predictable infrastructure provisioning.
- Improving the processes around escalating and coordinating responses to production health issues
- Collaborate with product development teams to deploy new services and capabilities.
- Building and improving tools for monitoring and system management.
- Independently drive projects to completion. Understand how and with whom to work with to complete an assignment.
- Proactively recognize and fix problems with application load and scalability.
- Informing the company of production health status and ongoing issues.
- Ability to document and explain complex cloud environments to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Who you are:
- Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies, trends, and practices
- Comfortable in a command-line environment
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code as a methodology
- Advanced PowerShell scripting
- Advanced Windows administration technologies, mainly Active Directory
- Understanding of configuration management technologies, especially Salt
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot IIS and MySQL
- Understanding of Networking concepts and firewall configurations
Buildium uses the following technologies:
- Windows and Linux (RHEL)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, ECS, Lambda, Cognito, DynamoDB, etc
- C#, Powershell, bash
- MySQL, Amazon RDS
- Amazon SQS
Candidates should have 5+ years experience working with high-traffic, scalable web application infrastructures. This position will be part of a rotating on-call schedule.
Benefits and Perks
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks
At Buildium, were always looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic professionals who want to join our team. Our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed all while setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. Those arent just words on our wall they are words we live by. We love what we do. We love what were building. And we love our customers. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Buildium is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.
More Jobs From