Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Indigos Biological Products, Marketplace, and Carbon offerings improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. Indigo Marketplace is a platform connecting growers with a network of buyers to secure optimal prices for their crops and offers hands-on control of a growers business through a range of pricing tools, real-time national bid discovery, and automated grain sales. Indigo Carbon, is a platform paying growers for increases in soil carbon content and decreases in greenhouse gas emissions. It helps growers realize additional revenue, healthier soils, and a more resilient farm by participation in a market of high-quality carbon credits supported by rigorous quantification standards. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and So Paulo, Brazil.
Indigos Biological Products organization develops products based upon our deep understanding of the plant microbiome. The company has commercialized such products for cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice in North America, Latin America, and Europe under the biotrinsic brand. Our R&D and product development teams are working to continue to develop products that address the growing number of abiotic and biotic stresses that crops experience worldwide.
Manage a Laboratory Coordinator who will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage inventory of laboratory consumables
- Shipping & receiving for the laboratory consumables
- Washing of laboratory glassware
- Media preparation of standard plated media
- Manage Lab coat inventory
- Oversee Liquid Nitrogen & dry ice deliveries
- Maintenance of Safety showers/eyewash stations
Responsible for all safety procedures at our Boston lab Headquarters including the following functions:
- Main point of contact for external safety consultants
- Oversee laboratory permitting (rDNA, MWRA, USDA)
- Responsible for on-boarding process for new employees in the laboratory for training purposes such as lab orientation and safety training and certification.
- Maintain Chemical inventory & Material Safety Data Sheets database
- Ensure chemical and biologically hazardous waste is tracked and disposed of in a timely, cost-efficient manner that meets city regulations
- Monitoring of pH neutralization tank and achieve class 1 MWRA certification
Will be the first point of contact for operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring the temperature & humidity system through third party service
- Coordinate preventative maintenance of equipment and troubleshoot standard lab equipment failures.
Understands and embodies our mission & core values:
- Excited by Indigos mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions.
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Safety first ensuring lab is operating safely & all lab personnel are following safety procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team, in a busy, fast paced environment
- Solutions oriented and ability to think on their feet
- Ability to adapt and react to last minute changes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong supervisory abilities
- Mechanical prowess troubleshoot & diagnose lab equipment
- Efficient, able to juggle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of life science laboratory equipment
- Bachelors Degree in biology, chemistry, or another science fields
- 3+ years supervising a lab
- Working knowledge of lab procedures, quality standards, operations, safety regulations
- Microsoft Office suite competent
Were building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet. Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below arent an exact match... great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you arent ordinary (we certainly arent!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status