Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer assists in driving revenue and market shares by providing customers with insights and solutions to leverage the Microsoft Azure services to meet their application, infrastructure, migration, optimization, deployment, data modernization, and cloud needs. The role will design, architect, and develop Azure Cloud Services, and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Designs, architects, and develops Azure Cloud Services, Cloud Infrastructure - Implements and migrates on-prem to Azure Cloud Services
- Identifies the needs, and performs gap analysis to drive infrastructure operations maturity
- Educates and mentors product teams and junior engineers
- Provides best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms
- Documents process, platforms, and workflow details, including high- and low-level designs of technical requirements
- Provides escalation-level support
- Works with:
- Azure Cloud Services, Azure Virtual Networks, Azure Network Security Groups - Works with Azure Site Recovery and Azure VM Backups
- Azure Resource Manager Subscription, an ARM with Azure Site Recovery ASR
- Azure PowerShell
- Systems Engineering including managing, troubleshooting cloud, and virtual servers - Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V
- Keeps pace with latest technical trends and remains proficient in those technologies
- Provides periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors degree or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Current Microsoft Certified Professional preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related professional experience
- And/or Masters degree plus minimum of 8 years related professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms
- 3+ years of cloud services architecture experience in engineering technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure; specific, hands-on experience with Office 365, Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking), Azure Services, Azure AD, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, and PowerShell scripting required
- 3+ years of experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment; administering and configuring Office 365 Productivity Suite, OneDrive, Skype for Business, and Teams
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Azure Virtual Networks,
- Azure Network Security Groups,
- Azure Site Recovery, ASR,
- Azure VM Backups,
- Azure Resource Manager Subscription, ARM,
- Azure DevOps Services,
- Azure Power BI Services
- Powershell Scripting, Azure PowerShell
- Other Skills: - IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service -
- PaaS - Platform as a Service
- SQL Clustering, SQL Database
- Systems Engineering,
- Systems Administration
- Windows Server - 2008, 2012, 2016
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.