At Forrester, we’re trusted to work on trailblazing, mission critical problems that business and technology leaders face today. That’s why we’re always looking to empower talented individuals to perform at their best every single day. We’re proud of our community of smart people and vibrant voices who come together to do what’s right by our clients and each other. Our success is driven by curiosity, courage and customer obsession. The confidence and drive to be bold at work. Join us and build an extraordinary future.
About This Role:
Forrester is currently looking for a Senior Analyst to conduct research and deliver strategic advice for technology leaders and practitioners responsible for applying new computing architectures and emerging technology to solve business challenges and pursue new market opportunities. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of new computing architectures, chip design innovation, and specialized solution stacks that will address the scale, latency, and resiliency requirements for specialized workloads like genomics, finance risk modeling, engineering, weather prediction, etc. as well as 3D virtual projects, enterprise blockchain projects, and Web3 initiatives. Coverage would be inclusive of supercomputing, distributed computing systems (including, but not limited to, blockchain/Web3), as well as institutional and mainstream computing options such as high-end, accelerated, in-memory, and heterogeneous computing systems.
The successful candidate researches and uncovers the strategies, technologies, and best practices that transform investments in new and advanced computing architecture into a future fit capability for the business. He/she delivers these insights and recommendations in written reports, presentations, inquiries, guidance sessions, and custom advisory for technology leaders across industries and geographies. Our research is aimed at helping enterprise clients solve business problems and improve business results by applying principles and best practices. We also advise vendors on their strategies, roadmaps, and messaging in line with our market insights and our recommendations for enterprise clients.
The Senior Analyst works as part of a high-performing team with a strong emphasis on collaborating with others in all aspects of the job. Senior Analyst is expected to:
- Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as technology leaders with a focus on how they help their organizations apply new and advanced computing architectures that enable the organization to be adaptive, creative, and resilient.
- Conduct primary research into new and advanced computing architectures, solution stacks, vendors, and best practices in the context of supporting CTOs and Cloud and Infrastructure Leaders
- Collaborate with business domain experts, application development, enterprise applications, data, and operations experts on primary research into supporting products, projects, and services.
- Work with different focus areas across Forrester research teams to develop a complete research portfolio on new and advanced computing architectures, infrastructure, and solution stacks, providing both input to others’ research and writing reports incorporating expertise from across Forrester to provide a “big picture” view.
- Partner as appropriate with other Forrester analysts on broader emerging technology topics: data and AI; enterprise blockchain, 3d virtual projects/metaverse, Web3, cybersecurity, privacy, and industry specific use cases and high-performance computing needs.
- Research/write/create a minimum of 6 to 8 research projects per year, which includes of mix of written reports, tools, webinars, videos, podcasts, infographics, and other intellectual property. Build visibility for his/her research and contribute to Forrester client communities.
- Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment and help solve their problems through inquiry, guidance, and advisory engagements.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with journalists who cover the sector; participate in vendor briefings and field press inquiries as necessary.
- At least ten years as a research analyst, consultant, or practitioner where you have led or been involved in new and advanced computing technologies, or an equal amount of time as product manager for vendors that serve the market.
- A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the business landscape; solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick; and a creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
- Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills as well as compelling presentation skills.
- The ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts -- and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.