The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Want to be part of an elite team that provides industry leading technologies that are digitally transforming process industries across the globe? AspenTechs software innovation, which now leverages Industrial AI, tackles the most complex process manufacturing challenges, creating significant value and improving profitability for our customersover $50B per year. Our go-to-market with partners has grown significantly in the last two years, and nis becoming foundational to scaling up sales growth, selling to the C-suite, ramping delivery capacity and expanding our foothold in new verticals.
AspenTech is seeking an Alliance Manager to pursue and manage an in-market global EPC alliance with a business model that spans the entire asset life cycle. The person will serve as the lead for implementing the alliance strategy, business plan, portfolio alignment and gap analysis, and relationship management. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the alliance via a structured and programmatic approach, leveraging people and assets worldwide. Responsibilities include the enablement, financial performance, successful project delivery, joint marketing, joint sales model and go-to-market strategy, governance, and roadmap alignment / potentially co-innovation.
The objective of the role is to leverage the partnership to create successful business outcomes for AspenTech, the Alliance partner and our customers, with emphasis on expanding our market leading footprint in our core markets (energy, chemicals and EPC) and high-growth verticals (Metals & Mining, Pulp & Paper, Power). This individual must exhibit strong, solutions-oriented leadership, with excellent organizational, collaboration, business judgement, and communication skills to influence outcomes via field teams worldwide. The ideal candidate will inspire teaming and trust with internal and external stakeholders and align their program and execution to AspenTechs partner and growth strategies. Lastly, candidates should have qualities of a partner evangelist the ability to represent the partners impact to clients from the implementation/integration of AspenTech solutions; to sell competitively from real-world experience in the space; and to develop deal strategy and execution plans in conjunction with our field sales and alliance teams.
- Alliance Formation: Execute joint go-to-market strategies by managing key relationships, structuring the framework, operating, commercial and engagement models, and joint value proposition as part of a highly collaborative relationship model.
- Organizational alignment and program management: Identify and align critical functions, tasks and accountabilities required from key stakeholders to execute against a formalized alliance strategy and business plan.
- Competency development: Facilitate understanding of AspenTechs portfolio of solutions and impact on asset optimization, digital transformation, and value creation. Ensure that partners build and maintain required competency levels, leverage AspenTechs recommended service delivery methodologies and our existing sub-contractor ecosystem.
- Portfolio management: Mapping AspenTech and partners offering portfolio; managing any competitive challenges via heat mapping and rules of engagement. Evaluate and identify key technology areas for co-development of enhanced digital solutions, which can include OEM. Oversee the launch of new joint offerings solutions to gain awareness and adoption across the organization and with customers
- Performance Management: Set and manage joint business planning, including professional services certification, pipeline creation and analysis, program revenue and customer targets. Develop and manage to relevant metrics for the life cycle of the partner relationship. Adhere to AspenTechs values in everything you do.
- Demand generation and pipeline management: With internal and external marketing organizations, ensure the creation and execution of a joint demand generation plan, including joint account plans, opportunity engagements, co-marketing and thought leadership.
- Sales Alignment: Facilitate effective and self-sustained joint engagements between the partner, AspenTechs Direct Sales and Services organizations to drive license growth. Understand the various Business Units within the EPC organization, their contracts and how they go-to-market, and execute a plan to extend the partnership influence across those groups as an additional sales channel
- Governance: Maintain peer-peer relationship mapping, and quarterly business reviews. Identify and resolve issues, escalate where appropriate. Become the go-to person and trusted advisor for business line executives and managers. Ensure sustained engagement across functions (technical, marketing, sales) up to ELT level. Establish regular cadence calls.
- Partner Advocate: Serve as the key advocate for the Partner externally to the organization, and within AspenTech.
What You'll Need
- Proven success building and/or managing high growth/high potential, global, technology or EPC alliances.
- Credentials in professional alliance management (e.g., ASAP certification) preferred.
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic, technology-driven initiatives. Track record of strategic thinking and operational excellence.
- Experience in digital transformation, operational excellence, industry 4.0 related initiatives
- 8+ years of experience in the process or manufacturing industries.
- Background with an EPC company, including an understanding of the O&M business, contract types and work processes is highly valued.
- Prior experience with AspenTechs product portfolio or that of a competitor is preferred.
- Executive presence. At ease presenting in small or large group settings, working with executives to GM level, and fostering collaboration and trust to C-levels. Ability to manage relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong collaboration and influence skills. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- High energy with a positive disposition. Comfortable working in fluid, fast paced environments. Self-starter.
- B.S. in an engineering discipline required. MBA preferred.
- Strong business acumen. Adept at identifying improvement large growth opportunities, selling the vision while building inter-organizational interlock, overcoming resistance to change, and innovative thinking.
- Flexibility to travel globally (30-50%)