The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
This position entails being a member of a team tasked with accounting for the Companys domestic and international operations with primary responsibility for foreign statutory reporting and compliance. The position includes managing relationships with local service providers and applying local and US GAAP accounting principles to prepare accurate and timely statutory reporting, indirect tax returns and related analysis. The position is responsible for coordination with external auditors for assigned foreign entities.
- Work with local service providers to ensure compliance with all country specific statutory accounting, tax and regulatory filings for countries/entities supported
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting standards
- Support and review all indirect tax filings for assigned entities, prepare reconciliations of returns to accounting records
- Coordinate and support external audits of foreign subsidiaries, prepare schedules, reconciliations and analysis and explanations for auditors
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare financial statements including monthly and annual statutory accounts
- Support all local service provider relationships, supplying and reconciling all necessary reports and analyses, closely communicating and coordinating with provider
- Monthly reconciliations of local to US GAAP results
- Suggest and contribute to process improvements and system enhancements
- Collaborate with tax, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable teams
- Lead and participate in various analyses, forecasts and ad hoc projects
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant GL accounting experience; experience with financial statements preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and consistency;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; be flexible, self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner with all levels of the organization
- Public accounting experience/CPA preferred
- Experience in a multinational public company preferred
- Foreign language skills a plus!
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel and Word required
- Oracle or related ERP experience preferred