We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love taking on tough engineering problems and look for full stack engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Build automation pipelines that will monitor, alert, and possibly remediate issues around security operations
- Work on big data feeds (dont worry, its still one record at a time) as the source of our security data lake.
- Create heuristics and statistical models to find security anomalies.
- Be responsible for the mission, technical direction and operations of projects that have immediate impact.
- Work on a cloud first (AWS) product, learning about scalable platforms and applying those skills in our production security environment.
- Helping the entire company understand security best practices, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo.
Who You Are
- Have experience a passion for building security products that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better engineers and build a product with passionate advocates
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stack areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job
- Love digging into performance and scalability issues to drive breakthrough solutions-- whether it's a slow loading UI or too many clicks in a workflow, a database query timing out, or a queue that just wont drain. You recognize all problems can be solved
- Enjoy shipping code early & often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management to craft better software by soliciting feedback from thousands of end users
- Like working on small, autonomous agile teams. At Klaviyo, you will have ownership of features, but you'll collaborate with everyone to make sure we produce the right solution
Technologies We Use
- Python, Django, Celery
- MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and other DevOps tools
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If youre a close but not exact match with the description, we hope youll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.