Are you interested in design thinking, learning how to solve problems in ways that customers love, yet work for our business? Are you curious about what it takes to be a Product Manager (PM) at a leading technology company?
iRobot designs and builds robots that empower people to do more in their lives. As a pioneer in the robot industry, iRobots goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by fueling the era of robots.
Product Managers at iRobot play a key role in executing on the product vision: developing deep consumer and market insights, developing product requirements, launching the product into the market, and then maximizing consumer satisfaction post-launch. They work closely with a cross-functional team of Data Science, Design (Visual and UX), R&D, Manufacturing, Logistics & Commercial colleagues to bring our product experiences to life.
We are looking for a Product Management Co-op to join our team this upcoming January! This is a full-time, 6-month opportunity from January 2022-June 2022. Students local to the MA area strongly preferred.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Gather, analyze, and report key consumer and market insights both qualitative and quantitative from a variety of data sources in order to inform product requirements
- Assist with in-home consumer testing of both new and existing products by developing questionnaires, collecting and analyzing data, and creating reports and summary presentations
- Research and document competitive products features, pricing, and positioning to enhance our understanding of the competitive landscape
- Assist in day-to-day management of in-market product SKUs by maintaining SKU sheets, spare parts lists, product data sheets, etc.
- Work collaboratively with operations in factory implementation of various product initiatives
- Contribute data analysis, research, and content to strategic projects relating to the companys product portfolio
- Get a chance to be involved in portfolio level decision making by providing data driven insights related to volume projections
- Help keep the Product Management team efficient and organized by maintaining and improving document management systems and databases
- Enrolled in BS/BA studies in Product Management, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Marketing or Engineering Management
- Highly organized with proven project management skills and superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze data sets, draw insights, and communicate those insights effectively
- Experienced working with MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment working with multiple team members
- Able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects, should have excellent time management skills
- Data analysis studies or special products
- Strong aptitude for connected consumer products
- Customer-focused development
- Previous business management experience
- Oriented for action over analysis
- Task and outcome oriented
- Entrepreneurial in nature and curiosity driven