DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings Compliance Department is seeking a talented individual for the position of Licensing Specialist to support the companys multi-jurisdiction licensing and registration activities. Based in Boston, MA, the candidate will contribute to a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture.
What you'll do as a Licensing Specialist:
The Licensing Specialist will be responsible for managing the licensing and registration process for the Daily Fantasy Sports and Sportsbook/Casino employees. The successful candidate must have outstanding communication and organization skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Manage process for obtaining, renewing and tracking state licensing for Sportsbook/Casino employees
- Research licensing requirements based on business needs and objectives
- Complete employee license applications and gather required supporting documents and signatures
- Communicate effectively with Executives, Government Relations, Human Resources, Legal and Compliance concerning licensing matters
- Communicate effectively with regulators concerning licensing matters
- Voucher invoices to ensure timely payments as applicable
- Maintain established file and tracking systems
- Train new and existing employees on licensing process and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of records and strict control of access to records / files.
- Prepare licensing applications, correspondence, memoranda, and other required documentation
- Assist in resolving licensing issues as needed
- May provide assistance with our areas of licensing like applications, renewals, vendor and marketing affiliate registrations and other projects as needed
- Assist other compliance and legal staff and company personnel as requested
What skills you will use:
- 3 5 years of experience in compliance, audit, risk management or the Daily Fantasy Sports or Casino industry
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills both internally and when corresponding with regulatory agencies
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications such as Word and Excel
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
More Jobs From