Tomorrow.io Space division is responsible for the development of unique spaceborne sensing systems and for the overall space mission, from architecture through implementation. The data being collected will be integrated seamlessly into Tomorrow.io existing forecasting and modelling systems and will revolutionize global weather forecasting and insights.
We are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer who will play an integral role in the development through operations of a space-based weather radar system.
As a Lead Systems Engineer within the Space division at Tomorrow.io, you will work with a multidisciplinary team in the development through operations of a unique small spacecraft and mission. You will develop and inform system architecture through the completion of detailed simulations and analysis at all levels of the mission (instrument through full space systems architecture). You will work through complex system trades, will develop/maintain the requirements and verification program to progress the development from the design phase through operations. You will lead the systems engineering team and processes in the development and execution of the space mission.
What youll do:
- Develop simulations and perform analyses across the space systems architecture
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for vehicle performance
- Develop and manage requirements and verification methods
- Develop (and execute) tests and analyses to predict/demonstrate/verify system performance
- Develop and maintain core program documentation, such as conops documents, specifications, ICDs, etc.
- Lead the systems engineering effort and champion lean but effective SE processes
What you bring:
- B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- 5+ years direct experience within a spacecraft development program, spanning all phases (design through operations on orbit)
- Thorough understanding of the space environment, including orbital mechanics, rigid body dynamics, thermal environment and associated design methods, and radiation environment and associated design methods.
- Expertise in modelling and simulation, including tools such as STK and Matlab/Python
- Expertise in requirements/verification process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup or small company/team environment
- M.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Team leadership experience
- Experience working with both hardware and software teams
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States lawfully must be provided
Open to candidates outside of Colorado.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an one office environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.