Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Sourcing Director, Program Management and New Product Introduction will provide cross-category sourcing management leadership to a variety of Sourcing projects and support and guide New Product Introduction teams. The position will report to the Senior Director Global Strategic Sourcing and Contract Manufacturing.
The role will serve as the Central Sourcing interface with various cross-functional teams to ensure integration and execution of best-in-class supplier engagement processes to deliver on time-to-market, cost, quality and innovation goals while mitigating risk. This position will be the focal point for Sourcing to support the integration of suppliers of new businesses and the development of new products by leveraging the capabilities of incumbent portfolio of suppliers.
They will be the lead in a variety of cross-category projects to enhance across the board cost optimization and efficiency improvement efforts. During the identification of new product categories, they will take the lead in understanding the supply chain requirements, assess if incumbent capabilities can be utilized and if not, pioneer the efforts to source the optimum supply base. This position will partner closely with the Sourcing Category Directors to understand the incumbent supplier capabilities, category strategies and provide insight to them on upcoming product and category requirements.
This is an exciting, dynamic role in which you will work closely with the product development and supply chain teams understanding Thrasios portfolio of products, supply base and category strategy and will be able to influence it.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist the supply chain due diligence efforts during acquisitions such as understanding the stability of new suppliers and their capabilities to early identification of supplier and value consolidation opportunities and optimizations.
- Lead Sourcings involvement in support of new product development across existing and new categories..
- Work with the new product launch stakeholders to establish category roadmaps which identify future needs, and drive supplier scouting and supplier capability sharing forums to proactively meet those future needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across internal and external teams.
- Contribute to the success of projects by positioning contract manufacturing and category sourcing management to be key stakeholders in making decisions.
- Provide innovative solutions based on a deep understanding of incumbent supply base capabilities to bring added value on products and processes, in partnership with the contract manufacturing & category sourcing directors.
- Set-up and execute a comprehensive plan to manage project efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead simultaneous projects by making clear prioritization across projects, manage resources, set goals and drive necessary stakeholder engagement.
- Analyze and support the development of new suppliers for new categories
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing or industrial engineering is required. An MBA will be a plus.
- 10 years in a global leadership role managing contract manufacturing, global category and strategic sourcing programs & teams for a variety of consumer products.
- Ability to work in collaborative, team environment; ability to cultivate and maintain effective business partner relationships through earned respect and trust.
- Ability to autonomously and successfully deliver multiple programs in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Broad exposure to a wide range of hardline and softline consumer product categories from electronics, kitchenware, cut & sew, home goods to sports and fitness is a plus.
- Have a working knowledge of Intellectual Property matters
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- A global citizen with outstanding people leadership across organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies
- Flexibility to travel 30% international and domestic
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.