We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Technology Architecture, a department within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets US (GRM US) Architecture, enables engineering squads to achieve accelerated delivery with high quality by providing modern testing capabilities and insight into health of an application.
You'll succeed in this role if you are a software engineer with a passion for quality and Excellent Engineering Practices in development. You'll drive the adoption of quality engineering practices and leverage agile testing techniques in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment. You'll work hand-in-hand with the agile squad to design and build quality frameworks and features, along with tooling and infrastructure to increase the speed and accuracy of the development process for hundreds of development teams. You apply reasoning, logic, and technical skill to validate acceptance criteria and test a story before development even begins, to ensure the team is delivering on expectations.
- Role will consist of providing technical leadership balanced with contributions to the code and planned story work.
- Collaborate closely with architects, IT stakeholders, product owners, test engineers, and other software engineers to deliver modern quality and architecture enablement solutions.
- Help build full-stack software development expertise using modern cloud-native technology across engineers through mentoring, coaching, and guild facilitation.
- Design and build modern quality frameworks/models and act as a strong advocate for process transparency, shift-left testing, isolated testing, managed test data, managed environments, process automation and general quality engineering practices (Unit, Performance, Contract, TDD, Functional, etc.).
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Develop and enhance complex quality solutions from general requirements and specifications.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies to remove blockers, refine stories, plan sprints, and demonstrate functionality to diverse stakeholders (business and IT).
- Analyze complex technical opportunities/problems and create a technical vision, design roadmaps, and architectural runway items.
- Assess and integrate open-source and vendor products into Liberty Mutual systems.
- Experiment with the latest innovative trends in architectural quality engineering.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelor`s degree in computer science or related field and at least 10 years` experience in a systems quality environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in modern full-stack development including hands on coding experience with Java, NodeJS, and scripting languages (ex. Shell).
- Requires demonstrable experience with each of the following:
- Software engineering best practices using current industry technologies
- Working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Performance testing, and automating tests preferred.
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge of development concepts and industry trends/direction for cloud technologies and CI/CD concepts, specifically how to implement testing automation and observability within the pipelines.
- Foundational knowledge in new and emerging technologies such as AWS/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo), MicroServices, serverless (Lambda, Knative) and event driven architecture.
- Requires experience with automated testing and modeling tools, and a broad knowledge of business modeling, process engineering, change management and test case generation techniques.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change effectively.
- Comprehensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.