Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer and employee apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a Solutions Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
This position will support the Lead and Agency Management organization, a part of GRM US Distribution Technology team. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities that enables and powers our various sales channels and their staff and creates a world class experience for our users and customers.
We are looking for:
- A strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
- A motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching, developing, and collaborating with more junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
- A forward thinker with a Growth Mindset: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning by exploring and identifying solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and capabilities, and enhance profitability and growth with creative and innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
- Ten years of related software engineering experience
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, AWS, Java, and event driven technologies such as Kafka
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including technology trends and the financial services industry
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Strong background in code reviews and design
- Familiarity with event-based architectures and integrations with APIs
- Strong understanding of value streams and systems thinking approach
- Broad and deep experience in various technologies and platforms, such as Salesforce and AWS
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.