Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for an experienced developer to create documented solutions that demonstrate how to use DigitalOceans products together as a platform, and how to integrate DigitalOceans products with popular third-party software. These solutions will be delivered publicly to customers as downloadable tools, GitHub repositories, and product documentation, and will connect high-level use cases that exist in the real world with the offerings DigitalOcean has today. A special focus will be given to DigitalOceans new PaaS offering, App Platform, which allows developers to ship their code directly to the cloud.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working with our team to build solutions for common use cases
- Write rough tutorials explaining how to use the samples
- Create solutions that are easily repeatable, and convincingly demonstrate the power and ease-of-use of DigitalOceans platform.
- Collaborating with product and design to increase conversions and improve user experience
- Building new, efficient, and scalable front-end applications that will interface with public and internal APIs
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience designing and implementing production solutions in NodeJS at cloudscale
- Experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!