At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this job
We are looking for a talented Fullstack Solutions Engineer to join our team. The right candidate for this position will enjoy directly interfacing with stakeholders from across the company, able to prioritize multiple competing priorities and focused on finding solutions to imminent problems. This is a position with high visibility and high impact, and requires interpersonal and light project management skills. It is a great opportunity for those who enjoy direct support of individuals and seeing immediate results from their work.
What youll do
- Work directly with business stakeholders from across the organization to deliver multiple priorities simultaneously
- Perform manual changes to data model with an eye towards refinement and improvement of these change requests
- Abstract complex processes and create automated or self-service solutions for repeat requests
- Work closely with the entire Engineering organization to implement larger initiatives
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience building commercial software with a modern programming language
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced, growing, and evolving environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management inclinations, and an ability to triage work and prioritize tasks
- Experience supporting business stakeholders directly from non-technical departments
You don't need to have experience with all of these. Were looking for talented and smart engineers who are willing to ramp up on these technologies.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Saga, Typescript, GraphQL, Storybook, Emotion
- Tools and Services: Klayvio, Contentful/Gatsby, Google Tag Manager, Segment, Attentive, FreshChat/FreshDesk
What you'll get when you join us
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Company sponsored fitness program
- Free mental health coaching
- Monthly stipend to support your work-from-home needs
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done