As part of Tomorrow.io's Customer Success (CS) Team, the Sales Engineering (SE) Team makes it possible for weather-sensitive industries like technology and on on-demand, construction, aviation, energy, outdoor entertainment, autonomous cars, drones, and other forward-thinking businesses, to operate faster than the speed of weather.
We're looking for a Sales Engineer to join our global team. Our SEs fill a dynamic and essential client-facing role, interacting collaboratively with prospective clients and Tomorrow.io sales representatives, product managers, and R&D to deliver outstanding results and great value. Dedicated to our clients' success and satisfaction, the SEs are responsible for designing the right solutions for business problems. The Role requires highly-effective management and people skills coupled with robust multi-tasking capabilities. The SE is a critical member of the customer-facing team and the position is one which brings with it an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within a lively and challenging environment.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate Tomorrow.io value to prospective customers, by understanding their business and Tomorrow.io solutions
- Own the problem discovery and solution design process, including the design of demonstrations and Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements
- Establish a strategic advisor relationship with each prospective customer
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally with Product and R&D
- Be an expert on Tomorrow.io capabilities, current and future, and work side-by-side with the Sales and Business Development teams to articulate the business value of these capabilities
- Proactively execute PoC engagements and demonstrate unique value
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience in a client facing role
- Experience in the Saas/technology industry (experience working with Partners is a plus)
- Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) interaction with web-based services
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Great attention to detail, effective organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience applying weather and/or geospatial data and modeling expertise to solve business problems is a big plus
- Experience confidently presenting to senior-level clients, preferably in a B2B enterprise software environment.
- Fast learner who can understand and articulate technology at any level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a proactive approach
- Experience working with global teams a plus
- Comfort working quickly and pivoting
Tomorrow.io Sales Engineers play a crucial role in our sales cycle by both designing the solutions and guiding customers to realize the business value. You will constantly be collaborating with account executives, customer success representatives, product managers and research scientists, and demonstrating that you are a thought leader in both weather intelligence and the industries we serve. Ultimately, you will help our customers improve the way they make critical business decisions using Tomorrow.ios Intelligence Platform.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Open to candidates outside of Colorado.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an one office environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.