Aternitys mission is to unleash the digital experience for every enterprise. At Aternity, we help global enterprises optimize digital experiences for all of their customers, consumers and employees as they transact, collaborate and interact with technology. Our SaaS solution delivers actionable insights on end user experience at every device, app and click, enabling the digital enterprise to understand its pulse constantly and at every endpoint.
Aternity is backed by Thoma Bravo, headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices globally. Our team is growing with world-class thinkers who are ready to empower the digital enterprise and share our passion for innovation, collaboration and digital connection. Your ideas matter, are valued and should be shared. Join us!
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our team. In this role you will function in a highly technical pre-sales environment, creating technical solutions to solve business problems for global enterprises.
About The Role:
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert throughout the sales process. Owning and managing various pre-sales activities including technical presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concept projects
- Collaborate with the Sales team, jointly owning the sales cycle and account plan
- Help to drive deeper & wider into the account identifying requirements for additional resources from other departments within the customer, customer alternatives (i.e. other means of handling their current requirements), and potential internal sponsors
- Understand and document customer business & technical requirements and use them to create value-based proposals, addressing business drivers & pain points guiding the technical sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win
- Build and increase Aternitys relevance with customers by qualifying customers needs, desired outcomes & benefits and positioning the breadth of our unified End-User Experience and Application Performance solution in context to it
- Cross-sell /Up-sell: Identify and execute relevant sales plays, pipeline development initiatives and PS offerings
- Interface with Product Management to relay market demands from prospects/customers
- Able to build effective relationships through collaborating with both internal and external parties to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Exercise Disciplined and Strategic Thinking by identifying and analyzing applicable information in order to resolve blockers, and improve results
- Strong Communicator with proven ability to translate technical complexity into clear business value for internal and external audiences
- Demonstrate a Bias for Action which includes managing time and resources effectively, and prioritizing efforts in alignment with the organizations goals
- Experience in a pre-sales role, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales cycles and various selling strategies
- Extensive IT and applications experience; Knowledge in several of the following: APM tools, Cloud solutions, XML, PowerShell scripting, Tableau dashboard creation, Monitoring solutions, Windows and/or MacIntosh administration, QA automation scripting
- Hands-on experience on competitive end user experience, device performance monitoring and/or application performance management solutions
- Experience in IT transformation projects, such as Office 365 migration, Windows 10 migration, etc. is preferable
- Proven consultative skills from prior performance engineering engagements in presales or professional services
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources
- Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track IT projects to successful closure.
- Relevant competitive knowledge, including industry, technologies and product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Outgoing personality and passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Able to travel 20% - 30% post-pandemic - traveling within North America as required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is desired
- Bachelors degree in CS, EE or related area is preferred
Aternity values a diverse and expressive workforce. We are committed to a culture of equality and inclusivity that fosters dialog, innovation, compassion, respect and collaboration. At Aternity all ideas matter. We do not discriminate against people, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Your uniqueness drives our excellence.