At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud. Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Whats In It For You:
Key contributor and technical leader providing strong motivation to team in a more complex/critical environment designing high-value, high-available, network management solutions within telecommunications service providers and large enterprise customers. The role has both pre- and post-sales responsibilities for the US territory and may involve travel as much as 50%. Responsible for in-house technical training on solutions and integrations and serves as a mentor to junior team members.
This position requires someone who displays strong knowledge in a number of technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner, and is highly competent in deploying software solutions in complex customer environments.
What You'll be Doing:
- Designs strategic and value-added solutions in conjunction with partners and customers to enable revenue growth
- Support sales throughout the sales process by architecting and scoping solutions, calculating Levels of Effort and writing Statements of Work
- Documents and communicates solutions design to SevOne project teams, and assists SevOne Project Management with creation of technical tasks on project plans
- Acts as Technical Design Authority on SevOne internal investment and customer delivery projects
- Delivers product, services and consultative support to SevOne customers
- Designs, installs and configures complex SevOne solutions for customers
- Designs and develops integrations with third party data sources and applications
- Utilizes technical and business writing skills to deliver documentation of deployed solutions as required
- Provides relevant customer feedback to corporate: features, futures, challenges, success stories, and competitive field intelligence
- Provides solution analysis and design at all levels
- Contribute to all phases in the software lifecycle requirements analysis, solution design, development, and delivery
What Will You Bring:
At Turbonomic, we are always looking for bright, passionate, and hard-working people who want to grow and develop with the company.
Education: Bachelors in computer science, Engineering or equivalent work experience, Masters preferred
- 6 years solution design and architecture experience to include capturing customer requirements in customer facing capacity
- Prior experience designing Commercial off-the-shelf solutions to meet those requirements
- Prior experience guiding delivery teams to realize the solution
- Strong network management and OSS Integration experience (3+ years)
- Telecom carrier or large enterprise customers experience
- Prior experience working for data/voice/video products company preferred
- Prior exposure to working for small company or remote/home office arrangement a plus
- Preferred prior experience performing responsibilities in both Development & Delivery roles
Requires knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- OSS/BSS space, specifically Network Performance Management
- Data and Voice Network design
- Network protocols, TCP/IP, MPLS, & SNMP
- REST APIs, Golang, Python
- Professional service experience with SOAP, PHP or XML
- Knowledge of networking technologies, including IP MPLS, Cable, Fiber, Ethernet, 3G, 4G/LTE, IMS
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-motivated with strong team focus
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior team members
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Process oriented
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill
- Initiative and accountability
- Adaptable to change/flexible
- Innovative business and technical problem solver
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Physical Demands -The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Position requires the flexibility to travel in region, up to 50%
- Ability to interface with various clients and meet deadlines under high press
- Extensive computer use which requires vision capability as well as the ability to conduct webex presentations with clients
- Routine client telephone calls to address customer service issues as well as presentations
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic an IBM Company you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.