We are looking for a Solution Engineer to develop and architect our service platform for the Direct Service & Claims portfolio in our Digital organization. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities for our U.S. users. Your role is to be a solutions architect for new microservices and architecture to support features such as online policy changes, auto insurance comparison estimates, and obtaining insurance documents and information relevant toward making an educated decision about your insurance policy online. In this role, you'll also collaborate closely with other platform and feature teams based in Boston, NH Seacoast, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Belfast, Ireland.
You will take on building and architecting complex business logic and orchestrating the generation of new microservices that bring performance, security, and value to Liberty Mutual and our platform users. You will take on complex data and distributed systems problems across a span of internal and third party systems, redefining APIs and system collaboration across a full vertical. Your work will positively and directly impact our customers' online experience.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for a company that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives," every day.
- Be a technical leader
- Support teams in delivering services with high availability, low latency, and scalability in a microservice, event-driven architecture
- Reverse Engineer existing legacy APIs and platforms, to understand and document the best approaches and make recommendations
- Lead technical projects spanning multiple teams
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that serve millions of users
- Mentor other engineers
- Drive good engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these practices within the larger developer community
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives technical talks, write blogs, etc.)
- Be a department-level authority in a particular area or go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
- You have a bachelors or Masters degree with at least a minimum of 10 years experience and 5-7 years of experience building web and distributed system applications in a product-driven environment
- You have experience with modern programming concepts including microservices, containerization, service monitoring, serverless, event-driven programming, CQRS pattern, and DevOps via CI/CD and automation
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You mentor and support your peers and engineering teams
- You have deep knowledge of how to write distributed, high-volume services
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From