Chewy is hiring Software Engineer II for our Pricing Platform team in Boston, MA. Pricing team is part of Core Shopping Experience group. We operate on the following principles: provide a simple way to manage the products we sell, price competitively to support long-term customer trust, and design highly effective promotions. This is a high-profile position working on a business critical application that is the source of truth for all prices displayed on Chewy.com. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor on a team of strong engineers building the next generation of Chewys Pricing Platform.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and implement large scale distributed systems with large volumes of data focusing on scalability, latency and fault tolerance.
- Develop Systems / Component architectures and APIs for a rapidly scaling platform, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence.
- Bring an expert understanding of the systems, their dependencies, have the ability to forecast and mitigate challenges every effectively
- Lead research and PoC initiatives for cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS.
- Conduct design/code reviews while raising the bar for all of engineering
- Debug critical hard to solve production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of services
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team in order to build quality software
- Bring industry best practices in terms of technology and process
What You'll Need:
- 5 years of experience as software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Java and other open source stack (spring, apache)
- Working knowledge of UI/UX development with React framework
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- 4 + years API development or engineering at scale
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Strong Experience with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Experience building applications using AWS services
- Experience in building event Streams with No-SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Position may require travel
- Ecommerce experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].