Software Engineering Manager - Platform
Nasuni is expanding its world class development team and is looking for a Software Engineering Manager for our Cloud File Storage Software Platform. The environment is: Platform, Linux, DevOps, Python Services, K8s, Containers
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and drive Nasunis innovative solution and contribute to cutting-edge Cloud Storage technology. This is a great role for an accomplished manager, mentor, and coach who uses critical thinking and data to drive improvements in Nasunis product development process and technology.
As the Software Engineering Manager for Nasuni's Platform team, you will....
- Lead and grow our team of Cloud File Storage Platform software engineers.
- Establish and align platform engineering objectives within engineering organization, monitoring of ongoing process and performance.
- Drive results with clearly defined priorities, effective resource allocation, and communication of goals.
- Oversee design and architecture for platform components of the Nasuni Cloud Edge Appliance and NMC Appliances.
- Champion software development best practices and standards to achieve the highest code quality and performance.
- Serve as coach and mentor for platform team members.
- Acquiring talent and supporting high morale of the team.
- Provide direction and feedback to enable everyone to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Ensure the effective allocation and utilization of engineering resources in accordance with established budgets.
- Maintain operational relationships with external stakeholders including Customer Success and Product Management, in ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Skills + experience we look for are...
- 7+ years of product development in storage, database, security, backup, recovery, or distributed computing
- 2+ years as a Manager in an Agile environment.
- Experience designing and building enterprise software that runs on Linux.
- Familiarity with [email protected] software development processes.
- Experience using the latest software tools including JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GitHub.
- Leading and managing teams working on Platform, Linux, DevOps, Python Services, K8s, and Containers.
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services, powered by the patented UniFS global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.