TVision Insights is a ‘hyper-growth’ television attention measurement company pioneering the way brands, their agencies, TV networks and OTT platforms determine the true value of their video content and advertising. The company’s core technology uses data science and motion capture technology to passively assess eyes on screen, the single most accurate way to measure person-level engagement with video content. Founded by two MIT alumni, TVision Insights is a venture-backed company headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in New York and Tokyo.
Our growth and innovation have been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, MediaPost, and Forbes. We are musicians, marathon runners, data geeks, engineers, and lovers of all things media and technology. Join us!
TVision insights devices produce up to 600 data points per second, and there are roughly 4500 devices deployed across geographically disparate locations in US and Japan, expanding up to more than 25,000 devices by the end of next year. These devices push their data to the TVision servers in AWS, where it is cleaned up and smoothed out, transformed to fit within the schema of the analytics databases, and surfaced to our customers via RESTful APIs and analytical graphical UIs.
In the role of a Backend Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for ensuring the correctness of data collection and processing, as well as the customer facing API. We are big believers in automating everything, and as such your primary responsibility will be writing code that automates the testing of the data ingestion processes and APIs.
Primary Job Functions
- Write code in Python or Ruby or Haskell to automate tests for establishing the correctness of data ingestion algorithms
- Automate testing of the customer facing APIs
- Integrate the QA processes with the current automated build and deployment process
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent in Relational databases. We use Redshift and Postgres, but experience with other relational databases is equally valuable
- Experience writing automated integration tests
- Experience deploying software and integrating with automated build tools in the AWS environment is a must
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and Python or Ruby is a must. Knowledge of Haskell is highly desirable, but not a requirement
- 3 - 10 years of test automation experience
Communication and Culture
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about agile development and scrum methodologies.
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.